I know girls.
Every day I step on Ariel's fin while getting out of the shower. I can flip an average ponytail into a fancy up-do within seconds. I jam my way through Taylor Swift songs with ease, and don't get me started on slumber party games.
I am a sister (to three), a mother (of two), a friend (to dozens), a teacher (to many), and I am an enormous fan of girls. The giggles, the nail polish, the adventure seeking, the crazy shrieking, all of it.
The United Nations has declared October 11, International Day of the Girl calling for an end to child marriage and an increase in education for girls.
Can you believe there are girls your age in the world who don't have the opportunity to go to school?
John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
Girls, go hunt down your mom, plop down, and watch this.
CHAT IT OUT
1. What words or statements stood out to you in the video?
2. Is there anything that surprised you in the video?
Why not consider learning more about girls around the world together?
1. Read about Catapult, a way for people to help girls and women around the world by sponsoring different projects.
2. Learn about organizations focused on improving the lives of girls.
3. Think of a special girl in your life who needs extra love.
Author: Amy L. Sullivan
Growing up, one of my best friends was from Sweden. I always thought it was fun learning about her life in a far away place. I was amazed at how we could live in countries across the world from each other, and yet, still have so much in common. Learning more about my friend, Anneli, helped me understand more about me.